Barry and Karin

Barry and Karin

Monday, January 2, 2012

Life is different...

I'm never sure what to post. It has been an interesting experience since the accident and I'm not sure what I should say about out injuries. We are getting better. Life is different then it was before November 23, different but good. I am learning alot of things that I had never even considered before. Things like a restaurant claims to have a "handicap assessable bathroom" and may indeed have a good stall but the door to get in the bathroom is so heavy that you can't open then it doesn't seem very "assessable". Also and this one is Barry's observation. It takes two hands to move the chair so it's hard to carry anything and you have to ask for help -a lot! Also we gave both had the experience of going into a restroom and there are several stalls available but not the handicap one that's required in your chair. Then someone comes out and no disablement is readily seen. I will admit to using the "big" stall myself before this but like I said these are things that I have noticed since being in a wheelchair and it's changing how I think and how I will act in the future. Another one is that before thus I would see the donation jars in stores that tell of a disease or other sad event in a families life and thought how good it would feel to donate. Assuming that since I didn't have a lot then a little won't help. Now I realize that a few little bits together make quite a bit and i will give a few quarters or dollars and know that the family is grateful for every little penny. I will know that the family will be so overwhelmed with the love and support and prayers that are offered in their behalf that they will want to spend the rest if their lives being grateful. My life is truly different then it was before - certainly physically but also spiritually and emotionally.
I am certain I will never be the same and somehow I think it will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment