Barry and Karin

Barry and Karin

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lying here...

I'm lying here in my at home hospital bed and my husband is just across the room in his own special bed. Barry is sleeping and I should be to because it has been a long day. Today my sweet husband started the day by giving me a shot ( you'd be surprised at what a good job he does!) - I just can't bring myself to poke my own belly - you'd think that being a nurse it would be no problem. He then spent nearly an hour helping me into and out of the shower. It took a while but it was nice to know we can do it ourselves. I appreciate Barry so much, he does so much for me. I wish I could do as much for him as he does for me. I an so grateful we both survived the accident, all of this would be so much harder without him by my side. Two great women I know lost their spouse while we were in the hospital. I'm not sure why I was spared that sorrow but I am grateful and my heart goes out to them. They are frequently on my mind and in my prayers. Life is interesting - never really quite what you think it will be - and that goes for the good as well as the bad. Thanks for listening and have a good night. - Karin

1 comment:

  1. I am so unbelievably proud of you Karen! Just when I thought you were already perfect, you go and show your strength even more. You are in my prayers and in my heart. Keep on going!

    ReplyDelete