Barry and Karin

Barry and Karin

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Update from Karin

I am happy to say that I was discharged from the hospital today!! 21 days in the hospital - that is so crazy! Its strange because number 1 I don't remember the accident at all, number 2 I have large spaces of time, especially during the time I spent in ICU. Even when I was moved to a regular floor I spent a good share of my day sleeping. I can't believe that all this happened 3 weeks ago. If I look at some of my wounds I can see how much time passed because they are so far into the healing process they are scars now really instead of wounds. As you know Barry was admitted to the Rexburg hospital yesterday for a blood clot. The doctors have decided it is safer to let it try and dissolve rather then try to go in and surgically remove it. He can come home as soon as his blood is properly thinned and he will then remain on some sort of blood thinner (coumadin) for at least 6 months to prevent new blood clots from forming. I will be so glad when we are living under the same roof again. I love you Barry Holman!!!
I just feel like everytime I post I need to say thank you to the many people who are involved in all the help that is going on. It truly amazes me how many people care about our family.


Karin 12/14/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment