Barry and Karin

Barry and Karin

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Updates

It has been way too long since I took the opportunity to thank people for their generosity and support. I can't believe how unselfish people have been and especially at this time of year when there is so much to do for your own families. Thank you very very much. 
It has been so great to be out of the hospital. For now we are staying with Bryce and Sherry (Barry's parents) until Barry is cleared to use his left arm. This is the arm that developed a blood clot and there is still some potential danger in the clot breaking before it is dissolved. This leaves Barry with only one arm to transfer - and although he is incredibly strong (and stubborn) this makes it very difficult to get from one place to the other. He is not even supposed to use it to push his own chair and since I can't make mine and his go - we will be here until he is cleared for that. As wonderful as it has been to be out of the hospital I will be so thrilled when we get home. It is so true that there really is no place like home. 
For the most part Barry and I are doing well. Like all periods of life there are times when the burden seems too much to carry. I have only recently realized what a heavy heavy load my sweet spouse has been carrying. I it seems have and easier time turning things over to the Lord - but I think as a man and the provider for our family he is having a hard time with that. As always I ask for your prayers to help him find peace in knowing that the Lord does indeed have a plan. Its funny how we as mortals can't understand how the Lord can solve our problems when we can't figure out a way that it can possibly work out. I have seen this so many times in my life. As a student I used to wonder how I could ever make things work and yet it seemed like they always did. And this situation has taught me a whole new level of the Atonement. As a young person I understood that the Atonement was all about repentance and Jesus paying the price for our sins if we would only repent. Later in life I learned that the Atonement is also for our hurts and that Jesus also suffered for those pains and could understand all those spiritual and emotional pains. In the last month I have also come to understand that my Savior has also suffered for my physical pain and therefor can truly understand how I have felt. I have never been very good at pain - pretty much I'm a wimp when it comes to it. Since the accident there have been times when the pain was so heavy I could not bear it - and those were the times that I simply left really and the Savior took over. This experience has served to strengthen my testimony of the reality of our Savior and the knowledge that He truly can carry any burden we have - already has carried it actually and by truning it over to Him we put His suffering to use. I am so grateful for the gospel - I truly think this life would be far more difficult without it. 
Again thank you for your prayers and I would ask again for them to continue this time for my sweet husband to have peace of mind. Love you all - Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment